Can't Access Your Account?
If you are having trouble logging into an EIU Service, here are some tips!
If you are a student and this is your first time using Desire2Learn or Qualtrics, please reset your password before logging in. To do so please follow the steps below:
- Please go to http://password.eiu.edu
- Enter your EIU NetID(do not include @eiu.edu) in the box and click continue
- If you have never used the ezreset system, you will be prompted for your password at this time
- If you have used the ezreset system before, you will be asked if you want to "Answer Security Questions" or "Use Password"
- Click “Use Password”
- Enter your current password in the box and click “Verify Password"
- If this is your first time using ezreset, you will be required to create new security questions. These can be used in the future by coming back to this site if you forget your password.
- In the My Profile section, click “Change Passwords”
- In the box on the right titled “Enter New Password” follow the password rules to come up with a new password
- Enter the new password in the “New Password” box, and enter it again in the “Confirm” box.
- Click Change Passwords
- Upon confirmation of password change, return to the Desire2Learn login page and try logging in.
Verify you are using just your Net-ID
Your University Net-ID is simply the first part of your EIU Email address(ie...student1). If you enter your EIU Email address, you may experience trouble logging in.
Verify you are using the correct password
If you have already reset your password for the first time to access Desire2Learn, verify you are using the correct password. This can be done by trying to log into many of the different services at EIU. Your Net-ID and Password should be the same on all of them. Here are links to PAWS and Panthermail to try: